Saturday, October 25, 2014

A prayer for me

A Prayer for Me.  Suggested by John Yates in his book "How a Man Prays for His Family.

Should we both pray for ourselves and ask others to pray for us? Yes we should. To not pray for ourselves would be prideful and suggest that we have no need for that which God wants and desires to bring to us as the result of prayer.

Father,
When you look at me, what would you like to see that I become? 
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who loves Christ.  
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who spends time with his creator each day in prayer.
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who casts all care at the feet of my Lord.
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who expresses love for his wife and children.
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who is faithful to his church family.  
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who desires to be a servant to his fellow man.
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who believes deeply in the power of prayer.
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who desires knowledge of Your will.
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who worships only the one true God.
I believe that You would want to see me as a man who recognizes his own powerlessness and inadequacies.
I pray that You will work in my life to bring about the changes needed in order to make me into the man you would want to see me become.



No comments:

Post a Comment