Sunday, February 15, 2015

Activating the scriptures

I'm attending Take the City Bootcamp at The Door on Wednesday nights.
The class is being led by Andrew Chalmers. I understand that Andrew's full time job is with Teen Challenge.
Andrew told us that in evangelizing to others we will need to be sure of who God is and understand our relationship to him.
Our homework assignment was to activate the scriptures in our lives by speaking their truths.

I choose to believe...
I choose to believe that God is...
I choose to believe that I am...


It's like a menu.
Just as we make decisions throughout the day what foods we choose to place in our mouths, passing into our bodies, as our sustenance,  so do we make mental decisions throughout the day what thoughts we choose to place into our minds passing into our being as our sustenance.
I choose to believe...

Trying it out.

I choose to believe that I am a child of God through faith in Jesus Christ. Galatians 3:26 NLT


I choose to believe that I am in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV


I choose to believe that I am receiving overwhelming victory through Christ who loves me. Romans 8:37 NLT

I'm liking this... How about activating more scriptures.

I choose to believe that God is blessing those who take refuge in him. Psalm 2:12 NIV

I choose to believe that God is sustaining me. I lie down and sleep; I wake again. Psalm 3:5 NIV

I choose to believe that God is living ...Through everything God made, I can clearly see his invisible qualities-his eternal power and divine nature. So I  have no excuse for not knowing God. Romans. 1:20 NLT

I choose to believe that God is the one who has entrusted everything to Christ. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.” Matthew 11:27

I choose to believe that Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV

I choose to believe that  God is helping me speak and is teaching me what to say.” Exodus 4:12 NIV

I choose to believe that I can, because of Christ and my faith in him, come boldly and confidently into God's presence. Ephesians 3:12 NLT

I choose to believe that The Word, in the beginning, already existed. The Word was with God, and the Word was God. [2] He existed in the beginning with God. [3] God created everything through him, and nothing was created except through him. [4] The Word gave life to everything that was created, and his life brought light to everyone. [5] The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it. John 1:1-5 NLT

I choose to believe that The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth. John 1:14 NIV

I  choose to believe that God is beyond our reach and exalted in power; in his justice and great righteousness, he does not oppress. Job 37:23 NIV

I choose to believe that God is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. Isaiah 40:28 NIV

I choose to believe that God is giving strength to the weary and increasing the power of the weak. Isaiah 40:29 NIV

I choose to believe that God is Great and mighty in power; his understanding has no limit. Psalm 147:5 NIV

I choose to believe that God is greater than our feelings, and he knows everything. 1 John 3:20 NLT

I choose to believe that God is great in riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways! Romans 11:33 NLT

I choose to believe that God is doing anything he wants, and no one can stop him. Job 42:2 NLT

I choose to believe that God is omnipotent. Nothing is too hard for the Lord. Genesis 18:14 NIV

I choose to believe that God is watching everywhere, keeping his eye on both the evil and the good. Proverbs 15:3 NLT

I choose to believe that God is everywhere in all the heavens and earth. Jeremiah 23:24 NLT

I choose to believe that I am made by God. All the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13 NLV

I choose to believe that God is before the mountains were born, before he gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, he is God. Psalm 90:2 NLT

I choose to believe that God does not change. Malachi 3:6 NIV

I choose to believe that God is holy. Psalm 99:9 NLV

I choose to believe that God is pure and cannot stand the sight of evil. Habakkuk 1:13 NLT

I choose to believe that God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, [5] that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God's grace that you have been saved!) [7] So God can point to us in all future ages as examples of the incredible wealth of his grace and kindness toward us, as shown in all he has done for us who are united with Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-5,7 NLT


No comments:

Post a Comment